Fajita is a delicious dish of Mexican origin, usually consisting of strips of spiced beef or chicken, chopped vegetables, and grated cheese, wrapped in a soft tortilla and served with sour cream. It is one of the favorite dishes of teenagers for its flavorful seasoning. That’s why it is one of the famous dishes in restaurants. You can easily make fajita for dinner as it requires a little cooking time and less effort. Do you know how to make fajita at home? If you have not tried this before, do try this now to surprise your family at today’s dinner. In the following article, we get to know about How to make fajitas? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- The 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- So, 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole, sliced red onions, and sour cream for topping
Step 1:Take a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, and seasonings, and add the chicken. Mix it well and cover it for a while to make fajitas. For good marination, rest them for about 1-5 hours. Put it aside.
Step 2: Now take another large bowl or heavy skillets, saute peppers and onions in the oil until they are nicely tender. Remove and keep warm.
Step 3: Now, take the chicken that you have marinated before. And cook the chicken in the skillet with medium to high flame until it changes its color for about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the pepper mixture to the pan and heat it for a while to make fajitas.
Step 4: Fill the tortillas finely and then fold them in half. Then top this as you or your family like to again fold in half. You can use your favorite cheese or cream for the topping.
And if you are vegan or like vegetables more than chicken, you can add more veggies to your fajita filling.
Tada! Your chicken fajita is ready to serve. You can do it with sour cream sauce to make it more delicious to make fajitas.
Tip: You always have an option to customize your chicken fajita according to your taste.
Also read: how to become a physician assistant