When it comes to making something, you may think that you can buy it from the market. Yes! You can purchase iced tea from the market quickly. But it would not turn out to be as unique as homemade tea.
All you need to do is to spend few minutes learning how to make iced tea. And few minutes can pay throughout your Summer.
Three best ways of making iced tea:
Yes! There are innumerable ways you can make iced tea. But the basic methods almost remain the same.
The four ways of iced teas are
- Cold-brewed iced tea
- Hot-brewed iced tea
- Sun tea
How to make Hot-brewed iced tea?
You only need two ingredients. Ice and Water. The amount of water varies with the quantity of tea brewed.
You will need
- 4 to 8 cups of water depending upon your gallon or need.
- Four tea bags for 4 cups of water and six tea bags for 8 cups of water.
To make the tea:
- Boil half the water at low temperature to simmer.
- Add 4 or 8 teabags in hot water, depending upon the quantity of water.
- Let it steep for 5 to 10 minutes, depending upon your desired strength.
- Remove the tea bags without squeezing them to avoid bitterness.
- If you are going to add some sweetener, add it to the concentrated hot tea.
- Mix the hot tea with the remaining non-concentrated water.
- Would you please put it in the refrigerator and enjoy it when chill?
How to make Cold-brewed iced tea?
The cold-brew method is more accessible than a hot one. However, it takes more time than the cold-brew method. It can take 12 to 24 hours. You don’t need to add sweetener to it because the ice tea made through the cold-brew form ultimately saves its natural sweetness.
To make the tea:
- Take Water and teabags.
- Add both of the ingredients into a pitcher or a gallon.
- Let the tea dissolves into the water.
- Refrigerate it for 6 to 12 hours.
Note: You can increase the strength of the tea in case of cold-brew but keeping it mild is best.
How to make iced tea with the Sun Tea method?
Making ice tea with the Sun-Tea method is not different.
- You have to put the mixture (Water and Teabags)
- At a sunny place for almost 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove the teabags.
- Let it cool in the refrigerator before serving.
How to add flavor to an iced tea?
Well, adding flavor to your ice tea is easier than you think.
Now you know that how to make iced tea. Right?
Just make it by one of the above-written methods and
- Chopped fruit or Fruit puree
- Cinnamon or lavender
- Berries, Cucumber or Lemon
- Ginger, Mint, or Rosemary
Note: You can add one or a combination of the above-written ingredients into the ices-tea mixture to impart flavor to it.
The three above-written methods are the most valuable answers to how to make ice tea. You don’t need to buy expensive, not-so-amazing tea from the market.
Pick any method suitable to you and enjoy.
Also read: How to cleanse crystals.