In any beauty ritual we always look for effectiveness, we want to quickly observe visible results and if we can simplify time much better, right? When it comes to taking care of our hair, we seek perfection, hair with shine, infinite silkiness, and natural fall. If many of the shampoos on the market today promise these qualities, can we shorten the time and skip the application of the conditioner?
Today we suggest you review the function and benefits of using conditioner, assessing whether it is a good option to skip its application.
What is the function of a hair conditioner?
The function of the hair conditioner is to improve the appearance of naturally unruly hair. The conditioner protects and beautifies hair after washing, restores hydration, detangles hair, prevents breakage of ends, and reduces frizz.
We do not recommend that it be a negotiable step, neither because of time nor because we believe that it can get our hair dirty or reduce volume. If you are one of those who think it can make your hair dirty, you may not have found your conditioner.
Although the function of the shampoo is cleaning, the shampoos incorporate components that condition the hair to make it more comfortable. But in most cases, it is not enough because they also want to clean your hair well, with the use of a conditioner as the next key. When you wash your hair, it absorbs water, tightens, and becomes more fragile, another reason not to forget its application.
Benefits of regular use of a conditioner
- It improves the structure of the hair by protecting the hair fiber (keratin and lipids) from the inside, thus acting against external aggressions, pollution, and UV radiation.
- Prevents breakage of ends by better maintaining hair hydration. The hair, in addition to being softer and easier to detangle, reacts better to drying, straightening, and styling.
- It adds shine to the hair, by improving the structure of the hair fiber and, specifically, the state of the cuticle. It keeps the cuticle scales compact and cohesive while also acting as a protective shield.
- Improves the dreaded frizz by protecting hair lipids. This makes the hair fiber less susceptible to static electricity, also improving compatibility and shine.
How to use a conditioner?
After washing your hair with a sulfate-free, silicone-free shampoo like the ones in our collection, carefully remove excess moisture. If you can remove this excess with a towel, much better, by leaving the hair more receptive. Next, apply the conditioner to your hands and spread it over damp hair.
It should be applied gently from the middle of the length to the ends, especially on fine hair or hair with a tendency to grease, thus avoiding a caked-on appearance. Make sure that when applying it the hair is completely covered by combining it with your fingers or a comb. Let it act for a few minutes and then rinse it off.
If you want extra hydration, try applying the conditioner a few minutes before washing your hair. Then follow the steps as we advise you above. You will notice the difference!
5 keys to using the ideal conditioner
- Choose the correct conditioner. For this, I propose to observe the needs of your hair well. This step is important so that you do not lose volume, or take away the feeling of clean hair because you have used one for hair oilier than yours. Do not hesitate to ask us for help.
- Apply it after you have washed your hair. If you choose the two products of the same brand, much better, they are always designed to complement each other.
- Its use and a correct form of application are key. The beauty of our hair not only depends on the valuable ingredient incorporated into the formula, but on a correct application, we will not tire of repeating it;)
- How much conditioner? Follow the motto of elegance and beauty “more is not better.” Apply only the right amount and only in medium and long lengths, especially if you have a scalp with a tendency to grease.
- The use of a conditioner does not exclude the need for other hair treatments. Masks for deeper hydration or serums to repair or improve hydration. All these products complement each other.
Also read: how to become a physician assistant