If you want to start smoking, then you have landed on the right page. In this post, we will tell you the steps that would help you smoke a cigar like a pro. Well, before we list out the steps, we would like you to understand that smoking is bad for your health in all possible ways. So when you are smoking, you must keep in mind that you are putting your life on the line.
Smoking might look simple to you, but it is quite tricky, especially if it’s your first time. You have to take several steps and follow subtle moves to make the smoking process go smoothly.
Smoking cigars consists of two main parts. The first one is lighting up and the second one is, of course, puffing the smoke.
Smoke a Cigar – Lighting Up
Let us first go through the first part of smoking a Cigar. Know that Cigar smoking is a bit different and tricky than smoking a traditional cigarette, so make sure that you follow the moves that we have listed below for you:
- First, you have to tamp the pack or the box in which the cigars are stored. This tamping is going to ease out the tobacco in the cigar. The reason behind tamping is that it helps the cigar burn smoother. Moreover, you can also enjoy a long-lasting smoke because of tamping.
- Now, after tamping, you have to open the box and take the cigar out. Many people would tell you to take the middle one out or the first one as a ritual. The fact of the matter is that the luckiest cigar in the pack is the last one that you smoke!
- Now, after removing the cigar from the box, you have to hold it in your hand. You have to use your two fingers and thumb to hold the cigar. A cigar is thicker than a cigarette, so you have to keep a tough grip.
- You have to cut the cap end of the cigar with a cutter; knife, or you can also bite it off. This is to expose the tobacco and make the cigar smokable.
- The end that you have exposed shall be lighted with a lighter or match.
You must know that a cigar might take more time than a cigarette because it is thick and is not wrapped in paper.
Also read: Difference between centerfire and rimfire
Smoking a Cigar – Inhaling (Smoking)
Smoking a cigar is not like a cigarette. The majority of people who use cigars are the ones who puff smoke. This is mainly because smoking cigars can be very uncomfortable. A cigar is twenty times harder than smoking a cigarette. When you smoke a cigar, you are absorbing nicotine from the membranes of your mouth and not through the lungs. So you can puff out smoke without inhaling it. Inhaling cigars is not advisable because it can increase the chances of oral cancer. So be careful while smoking one!
Finishing a cigar is not easy; once you finish your first cigar, you would be an expert in smoking it for the rest of your life!